IN THE SPOTLIGHT
Professor dr. Frans Koenraadt
Oral Presentation - Domestic homicide and mentally ill offenders in the Caribbean area
Frans Koenraadt is Emeritus Professor of Forensic Psychiatry and Psychology at the Law Department of Utrecht University and since august 2018 professor of Forensic Psychiatry (including forensic psychology and clinical criminology) at the University of Curaçao, dr Moises da Costa Gomez, Curaçao.
He is senior researcher c.q. scientific advisor at the Netherlands Institute for Forensic Psychiatry and Psychology, (which includes the Pieter Baan Centre for forensic psychiatry) at Utrecht and at the Forensic Psychiatric Hospital at Assen, The Netherlands. He has a private practice for forensic psychology in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
Some previous professional activities
1977-1979 Assistant clinical psychology in mental hospital "Vogelenzang" at Bennebroek
1980-2008 Assistant professor of forensic psychiatry and psychology at the Willem Pompe Institute for Criminal Sciences, Utrecht University (part-time)
1985-1988 Assistant of the District Psychiatric Service at Amsterdam, and assistant of the Office of the Psychiatric Advisor of the Ministry of Justice, The Hague (part-time)
1989-1995 Teacher and course coordinator at Stichting Studiecentrum Rechtspleging at Zutphen (part-time)
1996-1999 Consultant forensic psychologist in Rampton Special Hospital, Retford, Nottinghamshire, England (part-time).
1988-2010 Forensic psychologist at the Pieter Baan Center, Psychiatric Observation and Assessment Hospital
2008-2010 Professor of forensic psychology, Department of Law, Utrecht University
2010-2018 Professor of forensic Psychiatry and Psychology Department of Law, Utrecht University
Actual other professional activities
- Member of the Supervisory Board of the Foundation Trajectum
- Member of the Supervisory Board of the Foundation FIOM
- Member of the Appeals Tribunal of the Dutch Association of Psychologists
- Court appointed sworn forensic psychological expert (since 1985).
- Expert for the Centraal Tuchtcollege voor de Gezondheidszorg, The Hague.
- Guest professor of forensic psychology and psychiatry for different schools and training Maastricht University (1997-2009), postmaster education at Amsterdam, Maastricht, Groningen and Leuven (Belgium), Postmaster Education for health psychology at Utrecht, Rotterdam and Leiden, Police Academy at Apeldoorn.
His research covers domestic homicide, fire setting, history of forensic psychiatry, ethics of forensic mental health, and forensic psychological assessment in cultural and international comparison and the relation between crime, art and mental disorder